HHX.blue aims at contributing efficient and effective solutions combining financial engineering streamlined with the greening effort of shipping companies and in full compliance with current and expected -future- regulation. Financial engineering solutions are required towards fostering green solutions in marine operations, as conventional tools and approaches cannot address the challenges of the transition to decarbonized operations. As the interests of operators and suppliers are inherently contradicting, any solution should focus on cash-flow and collaterals, as well as on the potential of sharing benefits or risks.
The solutions envisaged are delivered by Schinas and his team and they have been published in leading academic journals, in order to test also their integrity. Some of these works are indicatively and not exhaustively:
- Metzger, D., Schinas, O. (2019), Fuzzy Real Options and Shared Savings: Investment Appraisal for Green Shipping Technologies, Transportation Research Part D: Transport and Environment, Vol. 77, pp. 1-10
- Schinas, Metzger, D. Financing ships with wind-assisted propulsion technologies, Annual Conference of the Royal Institution of Naval Architects 2019, London, UK, October 15-16, 2019
- Ross, H., Schinas, O., (2019), Empirical Evidence of the Interplay of Energy Performance and the Value of Ships, Ocean Engineering, Vol. 190
- Schinas, O., Metzger, D. (2019), A Pay-as-you-save Model for the Promotion of Greening Technologies in Shipping, Transportation Research Part D: Transport and Environment, Vol. 69, pp. 184-195
- Schinas, O., Ross, H.H, Rossol, T.D.(2018) Financing Green Ships through Export Credit Schemes, Transportation Research Part D: Transport and Environment, Vol. 65, pp. 300-311
- Schinas, O. (2018) Financing the new generation of ships, in Stephen Gong and Kevin Cullinane (Eds.) Funding International Logistics and the Supply Chain: Strategies for Finance and Risk Management, Elsevier, ISBN: 9780128138304
Some of the contributions above would be possible without the support of the WASP experts as well as without the available funds.